Services Preparatory Institute: A Pathway to Success in the Defence Forces
Students who hold domicile certificate of Maharashtra, Belgavi, Bidar or Karwar are eligible to apply for SPI/GSPI entrance exam.
Age Limit, Gender, and Marital Status
- Age Limit – 15-17 yr old
- Gender – Girl / Boy
- Marital Status – Unmarried
- Candidates studying in 10th standard of State/CBSE/ICSE or equivalent pattern
- English, Physics, Chemistry (or General Science) and Mathematics as subjects
- They must secure minimum of 60% marks in the 10th Examination
- The candidate should have also secured minimum of 60% marks in VII, VIII , and IX std
- The Institute works under the expert guidance of a Governing Body, which comprises of very senior retired Defence Officers generally of the rank of Lieutenant General, Major General, and equivalent ranks of the Indian Navy and Air Force.
- The Director who is a retired Defence Officer from the Indian Armed forces heads the SPI. SPI has well experienced Staff of 24 employees.
- SPI is a dedicated feeder to the National Defence Academy (NDA) and the Naval Academy (NAVAC). The Institute aims to train the youth of Maharashtra to be good military leaders. Hence, the emphasis is on complete education and all-around personality development.
- The past record speaks volumes about its success.
- A lot of importance is given to academics. The cadets are encouraged and trained to score high marks in the 12th board examination. This gives them an advantage for their future career in the Armed Forces.