A Complete Guide to KVPY: What You Need to KnowIf you are a science enthusiast and want to pursue a career in science, then KVPY is the right platform for you. The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a national level scholarship program in India aimed at encouraging students to pursue scientific research careers. It is one of the most prestigious scholarship exams in India, and it opens up many opportunities for students who qualify. At Anees Classes Pune, we have the best teachers to help you prepare for KVPY. In this article, we’ll provide you with everything you need to know about KVPY. What is KVPY? KVPY is a scholarship program funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The program is conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, and is aimed at identifying and encouraging talented students to pursue a research career in science. The scholarship is awarded to students studying in XI and XII standards, and undergraduate students enrolled in science courses. The program also provides mentorship and guidance to the selected students to help them excel in their academic pursuits. KVPY Exam Pattern KVPY exam is conducted once a year in two stages – Stage I and Stage II. The exam pattern for both the stages is as follows: Stage I: The Stage I exam consists of two parts – Part A and Part B. Part A consists of 60 multiple-choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology subjects, while Part B consists of 20 multiple-choice questions from the Aptitude Test. The total duration of the exam is 3 hours, and the maximum marks are 100. Stage II: Students who clear the Stage I exam are eligible to appear for the Stage II exam. The Stage II exam consists of two parts – Part A and Part B. Part A consists of 80 multiple-choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology subjects, while Part B consists of 20 multiple-choice questions from the Aptitude Test. The total duration of the exam is 3 hours, and the maximum marks are 120. KVPY Eligibility Criteria To be eligible for the KVPY scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
- For SA stream: Students who have passed class X and are studying in XI standard with science subjects can apply.
- For SX stream: Students who have passed class XII and are studying in the first year of BSc/BS/Integrated MSc/MS with science subjects can apply.
- For SB stream: Students who are studying in the second year of BSc/BS/Integrated MSc/MS with science subjects can apply.
- Know the Syllabus: Knowing the syllabus is the first step towards preparation. Make sure to study all the topics mentioned in the KVPY syllabus.
- Solve Previous Year Papers: Solving previous year papers will help you understand the exam pattern and difficulty level of the questions.
- Time Management: Time management is crucial for KVPY. Practice solving questions